Before submitting a claim, please make read the following to make sure it is covered.
Mafi Protection 360° does not cover:
- Area rugs constructed of any materials other than synthetics, wool and/or silk.
- Any stain or damage not specifically listed under the Coverage section above.
- Any stain or damage occurring prior to or during delivery, while area rugs are being moved between residences or into or out of storage.
- Any stain or damage caused by medical incontinence.
- Repetitive stains of the same type from the same source.
- Damage caused by pets (except bodily fluids).
- Damage caused by failure to comply with the manufacturer’s instructions for use.
- Stains, color loss or damage resulting from cleaning methods or products other than those recommended by the manufacturer.
- Any stain or damage caused by oil, mold or mildew.
- Any stain caused by bleach, acid, or any other caustic solutions.
- Any stain or damage caused by any independent contractor, such as but not limited to, plumber, painter or other service or maintenance personnel.
- Any stain or damage caused by sun fade, smoke, fire, flood or other natural disaster, theft, vandalism or illegal act.
- Damage caused by structural problems, appliance malfunctions and any resultant leak therefrom.
- Area rugs that are used for commercial, institutional or rental purposes.
- Willful abuse or misuse of the covered item(s); area rugs that have been neglected, abused or are in an unserviceable condition.
- Any stain, soiling or damage resulting from everyday use or that has built up over time, e.g. hair, body or suntan oils and/or lotions. Signs of soiling include darkened areas where the body comes into contact with the area rug. These darkened areas are signs of overall soil build-up, which is not covered by this Plan. General maintenance and overall cleaning of the area rug is your responsibility.
- Wear-related issues, such as but not limited to, fading, wear and tear, seam separation, stress tears, pilling or fraying.
- Defects of material or workmanship.
If you would like to submit a claim and your incident is not one of the above, click here to continue with the claims submission process.